Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Carrot Chili Sauce

I have always been infatuated with Asian cuisine and culture every since i could remember. I appreciate the quality and consistency of the food and the time it takes to prepare things such as Pho. The pickled Thai bird chili's I did earlier came out good, really spicy but i sliced them paper thin with a dish I came up with for the tasting menu a few weeks back and it balanced nicely. Grilled King Salmon with Miso Silky Potato, edamame puree, ponzu air, and the sliced pickled Thai birds.


So we still had some of those Thai bird chili's left at the job so between the 350, 400, and 550 covers we have done consecutively I managed to make a Asian inspired carrot chili sauce. I sweated out some shallot, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, and the Thai birds. Reduced some orange juice till it was almost a glaze and then added carrot juice and reduced that. Blended the liquid and the shallot, peppers, garlic and ginger mixture with a little xanthan gum and olive oil. The heat creeps up on the palate and then the carrot smooths it out with the sweetness.


1 comment: