Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jr. Sous Chef Tasting


I have been creating my menu for a tasting that i did today for a Jr. sous chef position at the hotel. It was a stress full and adrenaline filled couple of days and especially hours leading up to the tasting. I created a menu that took my different cooking techniques I've learned and different textures for the components. It was a 5 course tasting for the big chefs at the job, and overall the reaction was pretty good. They liked almost everything and explained to me few things that fell short. Overall a great learning experience and I am totally humble to every critique they gave me and i appreciate the opportunity to showcase my food. The only course not shown was the Lobster Ceviche with avocado relish, tomato paper, and coriander oil. I will know the outcome next week when the 2 other people are finished with their tasting/interviews. Thank you to everyone who gave me the encouragement and support through a important time in my career.


Raw Hamachi with edamame puree, soy pudding, cucumber kimchi, and yuzu air(not shown)


Opakapaka- FORVM glazed pearl onions, roasted cauliflower, braised baby fennel, organic white carrot puree, and shellfish froth.


Deconstructed Arroz con Pollo- Mojo infused Poussin, puffed riced, olive fluid gel, plantains, aiji mojili(spicy red sofrito)


Waygu Strip- 3way Potato(sweet potato foam, truffle finger lings, sous vide marble potatoes), braised savoy cabbage and truffle beef jus.

No comments:

Post a Comment