Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jr. Sous Chef Tasting


I have been creating my menu for a tasting that i did today for a Jr. sous chef position at the hotel. It was a stress full and adrenaline filled couple of days and especially hours leading up to the tasting. I created a menu that took my different cooking techniques I've learned and different textures for the components. It was a 5 course tasting for the big chefs at the job, and overall the reaction was pretty good. They liked almost everything and explained to me few things that fell short. Overall a great learning experience and I am totally humble to every critique they gave me and i appreciate the opportunity to showcase my food. The only course not shown was the Lobster Ceviche with avocado relish, tomato paper, and coriander oil. I will know the outcome next week when the 2 other people are finished with their tasting/interviews. Thank you to everyone who gave me the encouragement and support through a important time in my career.


Raw Hamachi with edamame puree, soy pudding, cucumber kimchi, and yuzu air(not shown)


Opakapaka- FORVM glazed pearl onions, roasted cauliflower, braised baby fennel, organic white carrot puree, and shellfish froth.


Deconstructed Arroz con Pollo- Mojo infused Poussin, puffed riced, olive fluid gel, plantains, aiji mojili(spicy red sofrito)


Waygu Strip- 3way Potato(sweet potato foam, truffle finger lings, sous vide marble potatoes), braised savoy cabbage and truffle beef jus.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete