Friday, December 17, 2010

Housewife Recipe Website

The hotel has a recipe website designed to help housewives and parents have more creative ideas for dinner at home. Each year 12 people are picked in the hotel to create a dish and recipe card for 4-6 people. This year all the Sous Chefs were picked, so of course I was excited to create something for someone else; I mean isn't that what were in this business for? Naturally knowing a great deal about modern cooking I instantly starting thinking that way, but only to realize how unpractical that would be for the home cook. Since my new gig is being a Sous at an Italian restaurant I figured it would be good if I did a fresh pasta dish. I decided to make a Saffron Tagliatelle with marinated heirloom tomatoes, arugula, a smoked paprika/chorizo vinaigrette and Red Snapper.


I felt that this was a dish that could be made in a household setting, maybe not on a regular basis, but at least for a nice romantic dinner at home. I made some chorizo oil, and used that when I sweated out the olives, shallots and garlic for the vinaigrette. Covered with Orange juice, season and blend with oil; came out really nice orange color. I used the basic pasta dough recipe just cut in half, and added about 1 1/2 g of saffron threads. Overall I feel that it was a good dish, and anytime you feel your in competition with other chefs, you will give it your all no matter what!!!


1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete