Friday, December 17, 2010

Housewife Recipe Website

The hotel has a recipe website designed to help housewives and parents have more creative ideas for dinner at home. Each year 12 people are picked in the hotel to create a dish and recipe card for 4-6 people. This year all the Sous Chefs were picked, so of course I was excited to create something for someone else; I mean isn't that what were in this business for? Naturally knowing a great deal about modern cooking I instantly starting thinking that way, but only to realize how unpractical that would be for the home cook. Since my new gig is being a Sous at an Italian restaurant I figured it would be good if I did a fresh pasta dish. I decided to make a Saffron Tagliatelle with marinated heirloom tomatoes, arugula, a smoked paprika/chorizo vinaigrette and Red Snapper.


I felt that this was a dish that could be made in a household setting, maybe not on a regular basis, but at least for a nice romantic dinner at home. I made some chorizo oil, and used that when I sweated out the olives, shallots and garlic for the vinaigrette. Covered with Orange juice, season and blend with oil; came out really nice orange color. I used the basic pasta dough recipe just cut in half, and added about 1 1/2 g of saffron threads. Overall I feel that it was a good dish, and anytime you feel your in competition with other chefs, you will give it your all no matter what!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment